This temple is an old and important temple in Bang Pa-in. It is believed to be built in the reign of King Prasat Thong in A.D. 1632, in the area that had been the location of the Residence of King Prasat Thong’s mother. There was a big restoration project for this temple in the reign of King Rama IV.
There are 7 principal Buddha images housed in the main hall. These 7 Buddha images represent the last 7 Buddhas in accordance with Tripitaka, namely, Wipatsi Buddha, Sikkhi Buddha, Wesaphu Buddha, Kakusan Buddha, Knakhamon Buddha, Kassapa Buddha and Khotama Buddha or Lord Buddha. The life of each of the seven Buddhas is depicted thrugh the mural paintings.
However, such mural paintings are fading and have been seriously destroyed, especially in the event of the great flood in 2011. Nowadays, they are waiting for the restoration by Department of Fine Arts.
Location: Ban Laen Sub-district, Bang Pa-in District, adjacent to Bang Pa-in Palace