Boromwong Isarawararam Temple was originally a local temple called ‘Thalae Ya Temple’ or ‘Thamle Ya Temple’ because it was located in a grass (Ya) field and during a rainy season, the field was flooded every year. Built in Ayutthaya Era, this temple was abandoned for a long period of time. The chapel, the seatings and all the constructions had been damaged. There was just a hill with a pagoda to show that this place had been a temple before.
With the intention to support and promote Buddhism, His Royal Highness Prince Mahamala Kromphraya Bamrapporapak deemed that this abandoned temple was located in an isolated place that was suitable to be a place for Buddhist monks and novices to stay. Thus, His Royal Highness the Prince started to restore Thalae Ya Temple, which meant the prince had to rebuild the temple. The construction began in the reign of King Rama IV and was completed in the reign of King Rama V in B.E. 2418 (A.D. 1875). The temple was dedicated to the royal family as a royal temple. His Majesty King Rama V named the temple ‘Boromwong Isarawararam’ Temple. Work hours: 08:00 – 17:00
Traveling Tip: O Bo Cho. O Yo. 4009 Road (Suan Phrik – Pho Sam Ton), Suan Phrik Sub-district, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Ayutthaya Province