Chandrakasem Palace or Wang Na, located on the Pa Sak River (Khlong Khu Khan Na), Hua Ro Sub-district, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province Is a palace that appears as evidence according to the royal chronicles, presumably Built around the year 2120 in the reign of King Maha Thammarat Rajathirat
In order to be the residence of King Naresuan the Great When he departed from Phitsanulok to see his father in Ayutthaya This palace, King Naresuan, was used as the headquarters for the Battle of Hongsawadee in the year 2129. In addition, it was once the residence of the King and the Great Viceroy of the King. King Ekaratot Chaofa Suthat King Narai the Great Khun Luang Sorasak (Tiger God) Somdej Taopoon His Highness Department of the Royal Palace, Bowon Mahasena Phithak
After the loss of Ayudhya II in the year 1767, Chandrakasem Palace was abandoned. Until in the reign of King Rama V in the year 2404, His Highness Lord Chid Chid Phong is the mother of the Lord Buddha in the construction of the palace and the tabernacle. Therefore renovated To be used as a residence at the time of His Majesty’s visit to Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya And please give the name Chandrakasem Palace on 26 March 1893
Later, King Chulalongkorn gave the royal palace to the office of the old city. By using the Piman Rataya Throne Hall as the office Until Phraya ancient Rajathanin Held the position of the old city council Has set up a building for the region and moved the provincial governor from the Piman Rattaya Throne Hall to the office building Phraya Ancient Rajathanin Have collected a lot of important objects in the old and nearby areas To be kept at Chandrakasem Palace
Until in the year 2445, Somdet Phra Phraya Damrong Rajanuphap He recommended Phraya ancient Rajathanin Established as a museum called the Ancient Museum By using the Royal Horse House building as a collection
Later in the year 2447, King Chulalongkorn had a royal initiative. To move objects From the royal stables to be kept and displayed at the area of the Phlapphla Chaturamuk building And add the balcony along the north and east buildings To establish stone inscriptions and sculptures Use the museum name Ayutthaya Museum Later, on February 12, 1936, the Fine Arts Department announced to the Ayutthaya Museum to be the National Museum on behalf of the Chandrakasem National Museum.