Big Chaimongkol Temple, formerly known as “Pa Kaew Temple” or “Wat Chao Tai”, is located in the southeast of the island of Phra Nakhon. Currently, the area is Khlong Suan Phlu Subdistrict. Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province
The highlight of the temple is the large chedi that is believed to be Newly renovated in the reign of King Naresuan the Great In which the inside has discovered Chai Mongkhon, a spell Inside the temple Is the enshrined Buddha statue The main Buddha image is the sacred temple. Moreover The temple is also enshrined at King Naresuan the Great Shrine. Which was completed in 2001
Ayudhya : periodBuilt in 1900 as the residence of the monks of the Faculty of Pa Kaeo, which has King Phra Wannarat as the monk’s president. Therefore called Chao Phraya Thai Temple, Faculty of Pa Kaew
Assumed that it was the risk of candles In the past, Phra Thierra Raja was crowned. Seize power from Khun Worawongsathirat and Thao Srisudachan
In the reign of King Naresuan the Great Is the residence of King Wanrat Who is the monk that King Naresuan respected In the time that he had done the battle Win the Viceroy of Hongsawadee King Naresuan the Great was angry with the army commanders who failed to meet the army. Thinking of going to the royal court to execute the death penalty But Somdej Phra Wanrat requested the lives of those captains
By taking the buddhist history when Prince Sitthathambamphenpai was under the Bodhi tree Before enlightenment as the Buddha Must fight the devil alone Like King Naresuan, who had to do battleheetthis alone And advised him to build a large pagoda instead of the execution His Majesty King Naresuan agreed and created a large stupa called “Chai Mongkol Chedi”, approximately 2135 BC, with a height of 1 line, 1 wa. It is the highest pagoda in Ayutthaya.
Wat Pa Kaew or Wat Chao Thai Had to be abandoned at the time of the loss of Ayudhya II, about 2309 BC Somdej Phra Suriyamindra Klao Throne Hall To lift the ship from the capital to be located at Wat Pa Kaew But the Siamese naval forces defeated the enemy Phraya Phetchaburi was killed Some parts of the Khong Khong Kingdom army have taken the Wat Pa Kaew as a base of operations. When Ayudhya broke down in 1767, this temple was abandoned.
Restoration : eraAfter the big temple or Wat Pa Kaew or Wat Chao Tai was abandoned for more than 400 years, a monk, a novice, a group of nuns, led by the monk Chaluu Sutmomo, entered the path of the ancient monastery. This is to be a meditation practice for about 4 years. You want to go out again, so you can go to invite Phra Kru Phawana, you are the abbot of Wat Yom, Bang Ban District.
Phrakhru Phawana Phiriyakhun (Pleng Witthathot) led a group of novice monks and nuns to clear the temple’s restoration until being raised from a deserted monastery with monks in the year 2500 by the name of Wat Yai Chaimongkol Phrakhru Phawana Received a royal honorary monk
Present age : After Phra Khru Phawana Raksa died in 1993, Phra Palad Kaenpunyanyamopunno Or presently is Phrakhru Phisut Bunsarn Appointed as abbot And collaborated with the novice monk and development nuns at Yai Chai Mongkhon Temple Until being regarded as a sample development measure Sample development temple with outstanding performance And the Dharma Practice Center of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province 3